Do the numbers stack up?
No idea of his methodology for that so lets look at some real numbers.
Dow Jones has a very handy dashboard for all things market related to Trump. Here’s their latest (as of last night);
- S&P 500 2,544.73. Since election day 18.94%. Since inauguration 12.42%
- DJIA (U.S.) 22761.07 Election 24.16%. Inauguration 15.35%
- Nasdaq (U.S.) 6579.73 -0.16% 26.69% 18.77%
Maybe he’s rounding up or averaging the Dow and Nas. All three average to 23.26%, so he’s not that far off.
It looks like Trump is the best thing to happen to the stock market since the Fed became the best thing to happen to the stock market 😉
If you want to check out the DJ dashboards, they also have a Brexit one. They’re free and a handy indicator for stattos, so give it a go.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- Big EURJPY expiry pops up out of nowhere – Forex options expiries 21 August 2019 - August 21, 2019
- Forex options expiries 20 August 2019 - August 20, 2019
- How did the risk trading picture develop from last week? - August 20, 2019