September 2017 Canadian CPI data report 20 October 2017
- Prior 1.4%.
- 0.2% vs 0.3% exp m/m. Prior 0.1%
- BOC Core 0.8% vs 0.9% prior y/y
- 0.2% vs 0.0% prior m/m
- CPI SA 0.2% vs 0.2% prior m/m
- Median 1.8% vs 1.7% prior y/y. Revised to 1.8%
- Trim 1.5% vs1.4% prior y/y
Retail sales lead the way in price moves. USDCAD shoots to 1.2567.
The report is fairly good but that BOC core number will be the worry and will be adding to these moves, especally with the BOC announcement next week.
- A big week of gains for EURUSD into the end of July but can it be maintained? - August 3, 2020
- Retail sales key to UK economic growth recovery - July 31, 2020
- 3 trading clues to stop you getting burnt fighting trends - July 28, 2020