Comments from the Brexit minister David Davis
- We have made real and tangiable talks so far
- Reaching a deal with EU is most likely and best outcome
- It’s becoming clearer that we must start talking about the future relationship
- It’s possible we on;t get a deal with EU
- Wants to be able to sign new trade deals during transition process, and enact them when it ends
- UK gov depts have well developed plans for a no deal scenario
If he gets his wish on trade deals that would potentially be very bullish for the pound.