Now we have the European Court of Justice commenting
- The stumbling block in Brexit talks is said to be removed
- The only outstanding issue is the Irish border
That’s helped kick cable up to a new high of 1.3427 before falling back to 1.3411.
Also out is a few comments from EU’s Oettinger who said that the UK and EU are only a few billion out on the divorce bill. His comments didn’t really have an effect on the quid. The ECJ news is quite big as they are overseeing all parts of the deal from the EU side, so if they’re happy with the legalities, things can progress.
This news also confirms the comments from Boris Johnson earlier which helped tip the quid to the lows.
What a crazy day for the quid eh?
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- The last NFP competition of 2022 - December 1, 2022
- Will this month’s US NFP be a horror show? - October 4, 2022
- US NFP competition – Do you think there’s going to be a turn in the US jobs market? - August 31, 2022