January 2018 US factory orders and durable goods revisions 6 March 2018
- Prior 1.7%. Revised to 1.8%
- Orders ex-transport 0.4% vs 0.7% prior m/m. Revised to 0.9%
Durable good revisions;
- Orders -3.6% vs -3.7% prior
- Ex-transport -0.3% unch
- Ex-defense -2.6% vs -2.7% prior
- Cap goods orders non-def ex-air -0.3% vs -0.2% prior
- Cap goods shipments -0.1% vs 0.1% prior
Not much in the way of changes.
The worrying drop in factory orders is the biggest in 6 months. Outside of the volatile aircraft numbers, transport equipment dropped a chunky 10.0%. Manufacturing (with unfilled orders) was also a substantial loser as it dropped -.9% vs 3.6% prior. There’s might be some seasonality in the numbers so we’ll see if this washes out next month.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- The last NFP competition of 2022 - December 1, 2022
- Will this month’s US NFP be a horror show? - October 4, 2022
- US NFP competition – Do you think there’s going to be a turn in the US jobs market? - August 31, 2022