August 2018 US Durable goods data 27 September 2018
- Prior -1.7%. Revised to -1.2%
- Ex-transport 0.1% vs 0.5% exp m/m. Prior 0.1%. Revised to 0.2%
- Ex-defense 2.6% vs -1.0% prior m/m. Revised to -0.6%
- Cap goods orders non-def ex-air -0.5% vs 0.4% exp m/m. Prior 1.6%. Revised to 1.5%.
A big beat and it comes aftersome of the big stuff is stripped out from defense. That said, it looks like the always volatile aircraft component did the lifitng with a 69.1% jump. Transport equipment also up big 13.0%. Def cap goods rose 44.4% also.
It’s not all down to the big categories though, as manufacturing posted a decent 6.8% gain vs -2.8% prior.
- Heads up for some early end of month FX clues on the MSCI rebalancing - November 11, 2021
- Everyone’s waiting for 112.50 in USDJPY - November 9, 2021
- Celebrate the taper by taking part in our NFP competition - November 3, 2021