November 2018 US non-farm payrolls and jobs data 7 December 2018
- Non-farm payrolls 155k vs 200k exp. Prior 250k. revised to 237k
- Private payrolls 161k vs 246k prior. Revised to 251k
- Manufacturing payrolls 27k vs 20k exp. Prior 32k
- Government payrolls -6k vs 4k prior. Revised to -14k
- Unemployment rate 3.7% vs 3.7% exp. Prior 3.7%
- Average hourly earnings 0.2% vs 0.3% exp m/m. Prior 0.2%. Revised to 0.1%
- 3.1% vs 3.1% exp y/y. Prior 3.1%
- Average hours 34.4 vs 34.5 exp. Prior 34.5
- Participation rate 62.9% vs 62.9% prior
- U6 underemployment rate 7.6% vs 7.4% prior
Poor headline but wages hold up y/y. That will negate any USD weakness.
USD has been sold but I can’t see it lasting. USDJPY hit a low of 112.62.