December 2018 UK labour market report and public sector finances 22 January 2019
- Dec claimant count December 2018 20.8k vs 20.0k exp. Prior 21.9k
- Nov ILO unemployment rate 4.0% vs 4.1% exp/prior
- Average weekly earnings 3.4% vs 3.3% exp 3m y/y. Prior 3.3%
- Ex bonus 3.3% vs 3.3% exp 3m y/y. Prior 3.3%
- Employment change 141k vs 85k exp. Prior 79k
Public sector finances December 2018
- PSNB 2.112bn vs 1.050bn exp. Prior 6.345bn. Revised to 6.252
- Ex-banks 2.976bn vs 1.900bn exp. Prior 7.209bn. Revised to 7.116bn
- PSNCR 21.278bn vs 4.371bn prior. Revised to 2.733bn
- Central gov NCR 18.2bn vs 8.4bn prior. Revised to 6.7bn
In the jobs report, wages hold up but we’ve probably seen some of the holiday skew I spoke about before the data as that’s a big jump in employment.
GBPUSD up to 1.2902. A limited move as we were close to here already.
For the borrowing numbers, it’s being noted that higher contributions to the EU accounted for some of the rise.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- The last NFP competition of 2022 - December 1, 2022
- Will this month’s US NFP be a horror show? - October 4, 2022
- US NFP competition – Do you think there’s going to be a turn in the US jobs market? - August 31, 2022