Fixed Income Research & Macro Strategy (FIRMS) – 4X Global Research
- Major currencies, equity markets and the price of crude oil since 8th June – the cycle low in the US Dollar – have exhibited reasonably limited directionality, narrow trading ranges and very low volatility, with the notable exception of currencies in Latin America.
- However this is not a case of more confident financial market participants finding their feet, in our view. Rather it is a reflexion of greater global risk aversion, with financial markets unable to see through the smoke and reluctant to pit themselves against their peers and test monetary authorities’ resolve at a time of still acute uncertainty on many levels.
ERI-C Webinar – Thursday 2nd July (09.00 & 14.00 London time)
I will be presenting on “Opportunities In Global FX & Rates: Amid The Misguided Debate On The Shape of Recovery”
- Misguided debate about the shape of a global recovery and nonsensical proliferation of letters;
- Unprecedented monetary and fiscal stimulus driving equity bubble but bogeyman of hyperinflation;
- US Dollar, Swiss Franc, Yen and gold “safe-haven” outlook – myth vs reality;
- Key drivers of FX & rates markets, including path of national lockdowns, central bank and government policies, renewed focus on domestic macro data and market positioning;
- FX volatility & directionality, with a focus on scope for EM currencies (including Renminbi), Sterling, Euro and Aussie and Kiwi Dollars to outperform or underperform; and
- Cost-benefit of reasonably low international oil price.
To register in advance and be sent joining details, alongside rights to an exclusive special research offer, please click on your preferred Thursday 2nd July session link:
- Catch the all new Flow Show starting Monday 16th May - May 13, 2022
- Has the EUR worm turned? - April 21, 2022
- Exclusive – Large natural gas field discovered in France could ease Europe’s dependency on Russian supplies - April 1, 2022