European Commission President Jean Claude Juncker speaking ahead of a parliament meeting on Brexit
- It’s too early to start phase two of Brexit talks
- UK cannot go over Bariner’s head in talks (says the man who does just that at every opportunity
- Speeches are not positions (more pot calling the kettle black)
- There’s still too much of a lack of clarity over Brexit
No reaction in the quid from these comments and we’ll probably hear plenty of them today from EU parliament.
Comments up now from Barnier;
- Have not yet reached sufficient progress on divorce talks
- There are still serious divergences on financial settlements
- Wants an ambitious trade deal with UK post-Brexit
May up now on the wireless;
- Some things on Brexit can be settled in less than 2 years
And how’s this for cheeky? EU’s Weber has asked May to sack Boris Johnson. Talk about sticking your nose in.