Former Conservative Party Chairman out with further comments following some earlier
- Those seeking to topple May do not have a single candidate in mind to replace her
- Both supporters and opponents of Brexit are in the group who want May to go
In his earlier comments, he said he had a list of those in the “quit” group.
This news might be positive for May as if there’s no real feasible plan to replace her, this rebel action will fall flat on its face. However, in politics that can all change if replacements start being sounded out and backed by other Conservatives. At the moment, the pound doesn’t care for the news but as I mentioned yesterday, this weekend could be big for political news out of the UK.
- A huge week is coming in FX markets – Are you ready for it? - September 26, 2020
- Did you all have fun in GBPUSD last week? - September 14, 2020
- GBPUSD is back on the Brexit wagon. Here’s the levels we’re watching - September 7, 2020