Stephen Poloz and Senior Deputy Governor Carolyn Wilkins appear before the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance
- There have been several conjectures about the apparent softness of inflation in Canada
- We note several signs that point to slack remaining in the labour market.
- While employment growth has been strong in Canada, wages have not kept pace.
- Finally, the fourth issue is the elevated level of household debt and how that might affect the sensitivity of the economy to higher interest rates.
- Here’s the link to Poloz opening speech
- USDCAD doesn’t react much at 1.2888