Summary of opinions of the October meeting
- Should continue current easing
- Not surprising if BOJ lags behind ECB and FED
- Additional easing could cause more side than positive effects
- Side-effects of ETF purchases should be examined from every angle.
- Kataoka, the dissenter, proposed to target 15-year JGB yields at below 0.2% and a commitment for further easing if there is a delay in the expected time frame for achieving the inflation target ( there we go, dissenting doesn’t mean do less but MOAR!)
- Here’s the link