GDP YoY comes in at 1.5 % vs 1.5% expected
- GDP previous was 0.4%
- GDP YoY prior was 1.5%
- Business Investment Q3 QoQ : 0.2 % vs 0.3% expected, prior was 0.4%
- Business Investment Q3 YoY: 1.3 % vs 1.4% expected, prior was 1.5%
- Index of Services : 0.3 % vs 0.4% expected , prior was 0.4%
- Private Consumption Q/Q: 0.6% v 0.4%e
- Govt spending Q/Q: 0.3% v 0.3%e
- Gross Fixed Capital Formation Q/Q: 0.2% v 0.4%e
- Exports Q/Q: -0.7% v -0.7%e
- Imports Q/Q: 1.1% v 0.9%e
Reminder that Hammond downgraded GDP previsions yesterday during the Budget Statement. GBP was on a slide lower in the half hour ahead of the number , stabilises here @ 1.3295.
The slide prior to the numbers must be attributed to the Euro demand and some profit taking in case of a weaker outcome .The 1.3270/80 support seems good enough for a hold this morning as the components come out inline or slightly above expectations.
- $CNH living on hopium? Big week for the Yuan this. - January 13, 2020
- A mildly positive risk market on the open? - November 24, 2019
- A huge USD week. This time it’s different, isn’t it? - October 30, 2019