BOJ rate decision on 23.01.2018
- Leave Interest Rate on Excess Reserves unchanged at -0.10%
- Maintains its policy framework of QQE with Yield Control around 0.00%
- Leaves asset purchases unchanged at annual target of ¥80T .
- Affirms annual ETF purchases at ¥6.0T
- BoJ Will Adjust Policy As Needed To Sustain Momentum To Hit Price Goal With Eye On Economy, Price And Financial Developments
- BoJ’s Decision On Yield Curve Control Made By 8-1 Vote, Board Member Kataoka Dissents
- Board Member Kataoka Says BoJ Should Buy Jgbs So Yields Of Bonds With Maturities Of 10 Years Or Longer Fall Broadly
- The link
So no change at all in the basic decision. The 80T JPY target of asset buying, which was the only small change possible for now, has been kept.
My prediction for Spring stands for now …
USDJPY a little up on this but got a 0.3% hit on Outlook assessment for CPI 2019/20 , currently 110.65
Latest posts by K-man (see all)
- #Canada #Employment report preview. - November 5, 2021
- Rotation, ROTATION! - November 24, 2020
- $CNH living on hopium? Big week for the Yuan this. - January 13, 2020