Canada May 2018 employment data on 08.06.2018
- prior -1.1K
- Unemployment rate 5.8% vs 5.8 exp, prior 5.8%
- Full time employment change -31K vs 28.8K prior
- Part time employment change 23.6K vs -30K prior
- Participation rate 65.3 % vs 65.4% exp, prior 65.4%
- Hourly Earnings Y/Y: 3.9% vs 3.2%exp
Quite a miss and a negative rotation on the part-full time jobs this time not helping. Cad should be on the defensive with such a number.
I’m temporary out on CAD positions.
One bright spot though is on the earnings which I just picked up