Japan May 2018 National CPI data on 22.06.2018
- prior 0.6%
- CPI YoY 0.7% vs 0.7% exp, prior 0.7%
- CPI ex fresh food & energy YoY 0.3% vs 0.3% exp, prior 0.4%
A slight beat on the headline CPI but the one BOJ scrutinises, the core core continues to slump.
As per usual in Tokyo time not that much activity on data. We’ll have to wait for the equity markets to open.
USDJPY steady at 109.92
- $CNH living on hopium? Big week for the Yuan this. - January 13, 2020
- A mildly positive risk market on the open? - November 24, 2019
- A huge USD week. This time it’s different, isn’t it? - October 30, 2019