Canada August 2018 employment report on 07.09.2018
- prior 54.1K
- Unemployment rate 6.0% vs 5.9% exp, prior 5.8%
- Full time employment change 40.4K vs -28K prior
- Part time employment change -92K vs 82K prior
- Participation rate 65.3% vs 65.4% exp, prior 65.4%
Negative surprise there, massive lay offs on the part timers, only partially compensated with full time rotations.
Headline unemployment number back at 6.0%.
Not great USDCAD spikes back up to 1.3175. 1.3210/25 still the area to watch.
Latest posts by K-man (see all)
- #Canada #Employment report preview. - November 5, 2021
- Rotation, ROTATION! - November 24, 2020
- $CNH living on hopium? Big week for the Yuan this. - January 13, 2020