October 2018 US housing starts and building permits 20 November 2018
- Housing starts 1.228m vs 1.225m exp m/m. Prior 1.201m. Revised to 1.210m
- Building permits 1.263m vs 1.267m exp. Prior 1.270m
Mildy better than expected and a slight miss in permits. Both up on last month, which is what matters. I wouldn’t call them strong numbers but they’re not bad.
Little reaction in USD.
Latest posts by Ryan Littlestone (see all)
- The last NFP competition of 2022 - December 1, 2022
- Will this month’s US NFP be a horror show? - October 4, 2022
- US NFP competition – Do you think there’s going to be a turn in the US jobs market? - August 31, 2022