Nikkei225 Index closed higher by 1.7% at 22,937
- Earnings season is underway, Toyota just reported a small beat on its earnings, 1.07T JPY vs 1.04 expected
- Listed companies are expected to declare anywhere close to a 20% increase in profits this year…
- Finmin Aso remarked overnight that US forces are important for Japan security,(but..) will not pursue FTA to reduce US trade deficit
- Japan likely to impose a 3JPY (hummmm) tax hike on tobacco , spread over 3 years. Well all smalls help I suppose.
- Remember this article about investors possibly jumping on the air balloon
- USDJPY moved up in sympathy with the equity markets to open European trading at 114.00 rater having failed yesterday’s break through 114.50.
I expect a rangy market with JPY remaining on the defensive on small rallies.Base long usdjpy, might be looking at some crosses, NOKJPY a candidate
Latest posts by K-man (see all)
- $CNH living on hopium? Big week for the Yuan this. - January 13, 2020
- A mildly positive risk market on the open? - November 24, 2019
- A huge USD week. This time it’s different, isn’t it? - October 30, 2019