Report on Economic activity 21.12.2017
Japan’s economy is in moderate recovery
- Private consumption is in picking up moderately.
- Business investment is increasing moderately.
- Exports are picking up.
- Industrial production is increasing moderately.
- Corporate profits are improving. Firms’ judgement on current business conditions is improving.
- The employment situation is improving.
- Consumer prices are flat.
Concerning short-term prospects, the economy is expected to recover, supported by the effects of the policies, while employment and income situation is improving. However, attention should be given to the uncertainty in overseas economies and the effects of fluctuations in the financial and capital markets.
Full report here
JPY very unmoved